RE: Processed: help

Dear Darren,

		I have purchased 1 copy of Debian potato 2.2r0 official binary and source
from cheeplinux(uk) and I seem to have a problem with disk 2. It seems that
there are many many corrupt packages that wont install. Some of the packages
seem to be the following:

	tetex-bin
	tetex-extra
	jadetex
	cygnus-stylesheets
	task-sgml
	task-sgml-dev

		Although after a second glance there also seems to be quite a few more as
well. Apt also seems to crash during the installation at one point because
of too many broken packages / Dependency problems. This occours when you use
either the simple installation and also though when you use dselect. I
suppose its possible to install the required packages afterwards using apt
manually but it would be nice if the installation ran smoothly....I know
that Debian is not responsible for many of the packages on the disk, but it
seems strange that you included so many broken ones on this distribution!

		I was just wondering if you were aware that these problems exist (you must
be!) or do I have a corrupt cd ? (apt gives error code 1 though) and wether
there is an improved version of disk 2 avaliable yet.

		Also if not- could you give me a list of all the broken packages within
the distrubution so that I may possibly replace them with good ones (if
availiable)?..... 8-)

			I look forward to your reply,

			Best Regards,

			Martin Johnson.