Re: Mutt and group reply

Even better than that, mutt understands lists.  Put this in your
.muttrc:

subscribe debian-user@lists.debian.org

Then mutt will know that that address is a list.  Also, you will want
to change the "index_format" string otherwise all messages will have
"debian-user" as the name.  This is easy to do: go to the
documentation for index_format. Put 'set index_format="<stuff here>"'
in the .muttrc.  For <stuff here> put the default string except change
the "L" to "F".

When you want to reply to a list message use "L" for list-reply.  Then
mutt will only mail the list (so people don't get multiple copies of
each reply) and set a header option so that you don't get put in the
"To" or "CC" of replies (since you are on the list).

HTH,
-D