Re: how to fake from address in an email

"Carel Fellinger" <cfelling@iae.nl> writes:
> On Sat, Dec 16, 2000 at 07:06:07AM -0700, Gary Hennigan wrote:
> > "Carel Fellinger" <cfelling@iae.nl> writes:
> > > I always wondered how this works. Can you still deliver mail in your
> > > local domain, say if you do: mutt -s hallo glhenni </dev/null
> > > would you get that mail, or would it first be sent to your smarthost?
> >
> > Not with my configuration. I have seen that question asked quite a few
> > times on this list though so you might browse the archives for an
> > answer. From what I remember it's not an easy task to accomplish with
> > exim.
>
> I think I read most of the posts relating this, and there is no simple
> anwser:(  Would you mind sharing your setup with us?  Things like your
> /etc/hosts file, your fetchmailrc and exim.conf files?  At the moment
> I'm trying to help two other debianastas to set it up, but I'm failing:(
> <reminder: do replace passwords with xxx's>

I'd be glad to send you a copy of my exim.conf but there's absolutely
nothing special about my setup. It's just the stock SMTP setup from
eximconfig with the addition of that rewrite rule that I posted in my
previous response. I do all my own mail delivery, ie., I don't use a
smarthost, but that's mainly because I'm a control freak and like to
see the entry in my exim log that says "mail delivered" when I send
email to someone.

Gary