Re: how to fake from address in an email

On Sat, Dec 16, 2000 at 03:22:49PM +0100, Carel Fellinger wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 16, 2000 at 07:06:07AM -0700, Gary Hennigan wrote:
> > "Carel Fellinger" <cfelling@iae.nl> writes:
> > > I always wondered how this works. Can you still deliver mail in your
> > > local domain, say if you do: mutt -s hallo glhenni </dev/null
> > > would you get that mail, or would it first be sent to your smarthost?
> >
> > Not with my configuration. I have seen that question asked quite a few
> > times on this list though so you might browse the archives for an
> > answer. From what I remember it's not an easy task to accomplish with
> > exim.
>
> I think I read most of the posts relating this, and there is no simple
> anwser:(  Would you mind sharing your setup with us?  Things like your
> /etc/hosts file, your fetchmailrc and exim.conf files?  At the moment
> I'm trying to help two other debianastas to set it up, but I'm failing:(
> <reminder: do replace passwords with xxx's>

when you get them all up and running, wouldn't you love to help
the next five hundred with just a few hours' worth of effort?
you and your cohorts have probably been pulling your hair out,
but if you'd have just found a simple intro to some of the
common situations, it'd save you tons of frustration!

so write up your exim setup experience and post it to our
newbieDoc area at http://www.eGroups.com/files/newbieDoc so that
next week's newbies won't have to pull all their hair out, too.

--
There are only two places in the world where time takes
precedence over the job to be done.  School and prison.

will@serensoft.com    ***    http://www.dontUthink.com/

volunteer to document your experience for next week's
newbies -- http://www.eGroups.com/messages/newbieDoc