xemacs21 install totally broken in woody dist

I had hoped that some of the weekend updates on the
dist might fix the problem, but they haven't.

emacs-install xemacs21
/usr/lib/emacsen-common/packages/install/psgml xemacs21 emacs20
install/psgml: Ignoring emacsen flavor xemacs21.
/usr/lib/emacsen-common/packages/install/octave2.0-emacsen xemacs21 emacs20
install/octave: Byte-compiling for emacsen flavour xemacs21
Compilation log saved to /usr/share/xemacs21/site-lisp/octave/install.log
/usr/lib/emacsen-common/packages/install/hyperlatex xemacs21 emacs20
install/hyperlatex: Handling install of emacsen flavor xemacs21
install/hyperlatex: byte-compiling for xemacs21
xemacs21: error while loading shared libraries: /usr/X11R6/lib/libXaw.so.7: undefined symbol: XmuCvtGravityToString
emacs-install: /usr/lib/emacsen-common/packages/install/hyperlatex xemacs21 emacs20 failed at /usr/lib/emacsen-common/emacs-install line 29.
dpkg: error processing xemacs21-nomule (--configure):
 subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 29
 mysql-server
 xemacs21-nomule

I have tried both mule and nomule. Same fault in both.
I've done a network search and found too mentions on XFree86
of other people having similar problems with this variables. There
were no replies to their problems either.
I've straced, string'd and grepped to no avail.
There does not seem to be any indication that anyone is looking
at this bug. Is this some arcane juxtaposition of libs that
only I and a couple other people have ever used? Are others
seeing it this badly broken as well?

			emacslessly yours,
			Dale Amon
			amon@vnl.com

Please respond to my email address if you have any idea
what is going on or when it might be fixed or what
short term workarounds are available.
Use Linux: A computer        Dale Amon, CEO/MD
is a terrible thing          Village Networking Ltd
to waste.                    Belfast, Northern Ireland