Re: Using apt-get upgrade-Any way to get list first? Solved!

On Mon, Dec 18, 2000 at 01:37:54AM -0600, will trillich wrote:
> but there's lots of overhead for ftp. (okay, i'm exaggerating;
> if you know exactly which file to ftp in advance, you can
> skip all the LS and CD, but there's still some extra finagling
> that HTTP doesn't need.)

Good point. I think they were also talking of general use. Obviously
clicking on web pages is slower, whait with graphics, etc. But a direct
http link would be another matter.

Anyway, I'll stick to the http. Thanks for the help.

Jonathan

--

	    "Hey, I think I finally got the hang of i-"