new signals?

Hi All,

I am working my way through some tutorial materials on the Unix/Linux
environment, and happened to type

kill -l

in bash. I got a list of SIGs that was -- I believe -- significantly
different from and longer than the list I saw the *last* time I did
this. Specifically, there are a whole lot of new signals called SIGRTMAX
and SIGRTMIN (each one has a + or - value attached to it, up to a value of
+ or - 15 ...). I don't recall these being there before. A new bash
feature?

I can't find any mention of these in the list archive nor in my default
text ... can anyone shed light on these?

Thx,

Glenn

// G l e n n  B e c k e r                                                |

// Omnia quae sunt, lumina sunt                                          |

// glenn@scifi.com                                                       |