Re: IRQ: how to find out which is to be used?

ktb wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 17, 2000 at 03:25:56AM -0800, Erik Steffl wrote:
> >   I have internal modem (real one, it works, the question is not about
> > it and I know I should get external one:-) which acts as a serial port.
> > It is ISA PnP card, can use different IRQs.
> >
> >   My main question is: how do I find out which IRQ it uses using linux
> > tools?
> >
> >   the only way I can do it now is boot windows and peek into control
> > panel|system (btw it uses either 9 or 11)
> >

>         Have you taken a look at "dmesg" yet?  I know it shows the irq's
>         of my network cards.  Also you can "cat /proc/interupts".

  boot messages:

ttyS00 at 0x03f8 (irq = 4) is a 16550A
ttyS01 at 0x02f8 (irq = 3) is a 16550A
ttyS02 at 0x03e8 (irq = 4) is a 16550A

  so it's completely useless, it just sets it to 'standard' values, I
have to manually set it to proper IRQ (I put a line into
/etc/serial.conf)

  /proc/interrupts:

  the same, it just shows whatever I set. AFAIK it only shows actually
received interrupts, so unless I really use the modem it wouldn't show
anything, and to use modem I need to know interrupts.

  isn't there a way to find that out? I don't know how windows do it but
they are able to figure it out somehow.

	erik