Re: installing pine

On Sun, Dec 17, 2000 at 09:55:42AM -0800, Xucaen wrote:
> Hi all... curious.. I'm trying to install pine
> via apt-get but it tells me package found but
> can't be installed..  I don't have the exact
> error message (it was late.  ;-).
> has anyone else been able to install pine?

	You can search the archives to find a link to the deb.  There
	are licensing issues with pine so Debian doesn't include it but
	there are people who have built the debs.  I just snagged the
	latest stable release (source) from the pine web site.  I had to
	install a library or two but it was no big deal.  Compiled just
	fine.  You might want to try mutt.  I like it a lot better.  It
	took some configuring but it isn't as clunky as pine.
	hth,
	kent

--
  "In order to make an apple pie from scratch,
      you must first create the universe."