Re: Continuing sound saga (es1370, etc.)

Briefly, sound-slot-0 is the kernels "generic" name for a sound card module.
Its like "eth0" for ethernet cards.  See Debian University for a complete
rundown on modules: http://www.xnet.com/~darogers/debian_university.txt.

What this message says is that the kernel is looking for a sound card to load,
there isn't one currently loaded, and nothing is aliased to sound-slot-0.

You could try adding "alias sound-slot-0 es1370" to your
/etc/modutils/some_sound_setup_file but if you get this message when es1370 is
already loaded, then I don't think that will do any good.

I have a sneaking suspicion that your es1370 module got hosed somehow.  If I
were in your shoes, I'd look for a way to replace the existing module with an
original.

dar