Continuing sound saga (es1370, etc.)

I'm unable to get my SB PCI64 (es1370) card to play. It worked for a
couple of days, then quit while I was running a game in Wine.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the es1370 and soundcore kernel
modules several times. Right now I also have the sound and soundlow
modules installed. But every time I play a sound, the application
hangs.

On examining syslog, I see many repetitions of the following messages:

Dec 15 01:14:12 linnaeus modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module sound-slot-0
Dec 15 01:14:12 linnaeus modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module sound-service-0-3

Any idea why I'm getting these and what I can do about it?

Thanks (yawn)...

Ron Hale-Evans

--
    Ron's Info Closet: Center for Ludic Synergy, Kennexions Glass Bead Game,