Re: more apt-get help please??

>>>>> Xucaen  writes:

    x> --- Chris Gray <cgray@tribsoft.com> wrote:
    >>> >>>>> Xucaen  writes:
    x> what is the syntax for the sources.list?
    >>> and what
    x> is apt.conf used for anyways?

    >>> $ man 5 sources.list
    >>> $ man 5 apt.conf
    >>>
    >>> Look especially at the examples in
    >>> sources.list(5).

    x> well, there's the catch. I don't have man. I have
    x> to install man via the apt-get. I need to edit my
    x> sources.list and apt.conf manually because they
    x> are empty files. I installed Debian from
    x> floppies. (11 base disks and 4 driver disks)

Sorry about that.  Here is the example I was referring to from
sources.list(5) that should get you off the ground:

deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian unstable main contrib non-free
deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US unstable/non-US main contrib non-free

You should probably change the .us to match your country code to get
faster downloads.

Cheers,

--
Chris