Re: I screwed up my apt/dpkg system

> Previously Mehrdad Oveisi wrote:
> > My system is half-woody as I upgraded to Progeny; everything went fine.
>
> I'm tempted to say that if you switch to progeny and things break
> you should go to progeny for support. This definitely does not
> belong on debian-dpkg, but debian-user.

This message does belong on debian-user, but it's certainly not Progeny's
fault.  debconf breaks under Perl 5.6.  And a few Woody packages are
beginning to require 5.6...

<aside>
Why the heck isn't debconf written in C?  This happens to me ALL the
time (well, every other month or so).  Something as fundamental as
debconf really should not have so many dependencies.
</aside>

	- Scott