Re: partitionmagic

On Fri, Dec 15, 2000 at 07:51:06AM -0500, Cory T. Echols wrote:
> On 12/15, Marcelo Chiapparini wrote:
> > Hi!
> > I am curious about how does Partition Magic work under Debian ext2
> > filesystem.
> >
>         I have used partition magic 4.0 on a limited basis w/ext2
>         partitions, and had no problems with it.  It actually caused me
>         more problems with FAT stuff than with ext2.  I have no
>         experience with any newer versions, though.
>
>         You may also want to check out gnu parted, which has similar
>         functionality.  I have *zero* experience with it, however.

i have been testing parted 1.4.* on a powerpc for mainly the apple
partition table support.  parted is very nice, its command line
interface could still use some of the shortcuts found in fdisk (+500M
for example) but its still usable.  it does a good job resizing
partitions for the most part, i have tested it serveral times with
success.  however i did find a bug in 1.4.4 where it will often
segfault during the resize perhaps corrupting the filesystem, the
developer is working on this but is also in the middle of a move from
australia to brazille (sp).

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/