Re: more apt-get help please??

On Thu, Dec 14, 2000 at 07:14:50PM -0800, Xucaen wrote:
> HI all. The other day someone posted info about
> apt-get. welp, in all my debian excitement I've
> misplaced it somewhere... I have looked all over
> the debian web site but couldn't find any info on
> how to set up apt-get. (I know I saw it
> somewhere..)
> anyways, if anyone can point me to where some
> info can be found I'd greatly appreciate it.
> I installed the base system (11 disks) and the
> driver set (4 disks)
> currently my apt.conf and sources.list are empty.

try
	http://www.eGroups.com/files/newbieDoc/

the "apt-get-intro.html" file there may be it.
that's one i've hobbled together and got mostly
good feedback on. it's mostly a scratch-the-surface
kind of thing, but it might be what you need.

lemme know.

--
There are only two places in the world where time takes
precedence over the job to be done.  School and prison.

will@serensoft.com    ***    http://www.dontUthink.com/

volunteer to document your experience for next week's
newbies -- http://www.eGroups.com/messages/newbieDoc