Re: I'm Confused with SBLive!

    RV>  I was successful just downloading the oss emu10k1 source from
    RV> http://opensource.creative.com.  As long as you have
    RV> kernel-headers-2.2.17 installed, you just have to compile the
    RV> module and it will work with the stock 2.2.17 potato kernel.
    RV>
    RV> Just compile the module, make install, add 'alias sound emu10k1'
    RV> to your /etc/modutils/aliases and then run modprobe emu10k1.
    RV> Worked like a charm for me.

Is there any difference b/w the SB Live! driver available from
opensource.creative.com and the one that is already in the current 2.2.x
kernel ?

I mean, does it have more feature, better performance, better sound
'quality' ?

Is there any reason to choose over the other ?

Currently I am using the driver builtin to the kernel but am wondering
what I would gain by using the driver available from
opensource.creative.com.

--
Salman Ahmed
ssahmed AT pathcom DOT com