Re: I'm Confused with SBLive!

I was able to download 2.2.17 kernel sources, where the emu10k1 module was
present.  I used kernel-package to compile my kernel (with emu10k1 module, no
other sound modules were needed).   I use dpkg -i on my custom kernel .deb
pacakge and then ran modconf.  Worked fine for me, though you only get the
analog outputs with that version.  I don't know if the digital outs will work
with any other module sources, but if all you want is analog sound, that's
the way to go.

Plus, you get to pare down your kernel to what you need.  The 2.2.18 sources
should work just as well.

--
Did you know that if you play a Windows 2000 cd backwards, you
will hear the voice of Satan?

That's nothing!  If you play it forward, it'll install Windows 2000.