Re: Netscape gets killed w/o intervention

    CG>  In more recent kernels (2.4.0-test10 and up, I think) Rik van
    CG> Riel's out of memory process killer is included by default.  So
    CG> things like netscape and emacs might die, but at least your
    CG> system won't become a thrashing mess.

I am running 2.4.0-test11 and haven't noticed anything mysteriously die
on me. But then again, my machine has 256Mb RAM and I have two swap
files (just for the heck of it), and I haven't noticed any excessive
memory usage. The original poster wasn't using a 2.4.0-test?? kernel
based on the Netscape version info in his headers.

--
Salman Ahmed
ssahmed AT pathcom DOT com