Re: Netscape gets killed w/o intervention

    AR> Does anybody have any idea what could be the reason of
    AR> Netscape getting killed w/o any apparent reason?  It is
    AR> happening frecuently later, some times while I type some
    AR> message, which is annoying.  Using communicator 4.75

    ssa> No doubt its annoying, but maybe your installation of
    ssa> netscape has become intelligent and knows when to kill
    ssa> itself.

    ssa> I usually have to "killall -9 netscape" when Netscape starts
    ssa> misbehaving on my system.

In more recent kernels (2.4.0-test10 and up, I think) Rik van Riel's
out of memory process killer is included by default.  So things like
netscape and emacs might die, but at least your system won't become a
thrashing mess.

--
Chris