Re: Help msg: modprobe can't locate ppp-compress

Take a look in /etc/modutils/aliases, there should be some entries
similar to the following:

     alias ppp-compress-21   bsd_comp
     alias ppp-compress-24   ppp_deflate
     alias ppp-compress-26   ppp_deflate

If they aren't there, add them and then run /sbin/update-modules.  If
they're present but don't exist in /etc/modules.conf, then you just
need the update-modules bit.

Cheers!