Re: how do I enable dmfe when compiling new kernel

  seach for dmfe.c in dirver/net/Makefile, you'll find that it is
compiled if CONFIG_DM9102 is set. Then (in kernel source root):

find . -name Makefile -print|xargs grep CONFIG_DM9102

  and you'll find that ./drivers/net/Config.in says:

    if [ "$CONFIG_EXPERIMENTAL" = "y" ]; then
      tristate 'DM9102 PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter support (EXPERIMENTAL)'
CONFIG_DM9102
    fi

  I guess that means that you need to enable experimental drivers in
kernel (it's another option in make menuconfig) to be offered this
module.

	erik