Re: mysql-server crashes

Well, I'm very new to this and I was actually installing the
woody Mysql server onto a potato system and I was actually
getting a slightly different error message using the dpkg
command
(dpkg -i mysql-server3.23.28)

I was able to complete the install and get it set up after I
also installed all of the Mysql-server.deb dependencies
including the the unstable version of debconf and both of
the following libs:

http://packages.debian.org/unstable/base/libstdc++2.10-glibc2.2.html

http://packages.debian.org/unstable/base/libstdc++2.10.html

I can't really tell you why it worked, but it did. Hope this
helps

eirik