Re: Installing PHP 4.0.3pl1 and Apache 1.3.14

Yes, I have potato 2.2.18 installed.  I used the apache
1.3.14 .deb and the php4.0.4RC3 .deb from woody.  I just
made sure to download and install all of the packages that
these two are dependent on.  You should definitely take a
look at this page:

http://packages.debian.org/unstable/web/apache-dev.html

since the debian apache package is split into apache,
apache-dev and apache-common.  If you use the debian Apache
packages, you need the apache-dev .deb  in order to enable
apxs support.  Maybe installing the packages that the
apache-dev .deb depends on will do the trick?

I have my own question that I posted yesterday regarding how
to do a customized compilation of the apache .deb or doing
what you did and compiling apache from source with most of
the Debian layout, except changing the document root and
suexec doc root configuration.

In any case I hope this helps somewhat and good luck.

eirik

allOn Wed, 13 Dec 2000 15:27:48 +0100