LaTeX and PDF-files

To all pdflatex-users

I tried to convert my .tex-files to pdf with the pdflatex-command. This
works great for text-only documents. It seems that pdflatex cannot
include pictures (they are ok., latex --> xdvi shows them...). Do I have
to include them in a special format (I tried .bmp, .png, .ps as input;
latex --> dvi makes it all, but pdflatex just leaves space...)
How can I do this?

thanks

joerg

--
Did you know that if you play a Windows 2000 cd backwards, you
will hear the voice of Satan?

That's nothing!  If you play it forward, it'll install Windows 2000.