Re: LaTeX and PDF-files

Joerg,

I use 2 ways

1) The ps route is good if you have lots of ps figures.

> pslatex filename.tex
> dvips filename -o
> ps2pdf filename.ps

the pslatex embeds the fonts for you, it is like using
\usepackage{times}.  the ps2pdf results are better this way.  you can
then also use the psfrag package for example (which works with dvips).

OR..

2) only refer to your images without the extension.

\includegraphics{filename}

then convert all your images to pdf using the "eps2pdf" perl script
(came with potato).

> eps2pdf *.ps

now run pdflatex and your graphics will be included.

Hope this helps.

Tom