Re: The truth about PSM and other XPI's

On Tue, Dec 12, 2000 at 02:12:20PM -0300, Sebastian Silva wrote:
> I tried all this with the Java plugin from sun (yes, I am brave)
> I had done this with Mozilla on my previous distro and it had worked,
> but now, even though Java seems to be installed, no applets recognize
> it.
>
> For the brave soul, try:
> ftp://ftp.netscape.com/pub/netscape6/english/6.0/unix/linux22/xpi/jre.xpi

I got this to work. I used wget to get the file in /tmp. Unpacked it
(it's some kind of archive, I forget which -- use 'file' for magic).
Then I scouted around the Install.js (or somesuch) file to figure out
what to do to install the stuff.  Basically I copy jre-image-i386 to
/usr/local and then made a symlink from /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins to
the jre-image-i386/plugin/i386/ns600/libjavaplugin_oji.so.

Then it works (as well as java can be considered to "work").

--
Eric G. Miller <egm2@jps.net>