http connection being reset

Hi,

	I'm experiencing a somewhat strange problem when downloading
large files using http, either in netscape, apt-get or whatever program.
	I would like to track & fix what is causing this but I have no
clue where to start.
	Could some of you gurus give me an suggestion?
	My setup is more or less the following:

           Opt.Fib              Opt.Fib
--Internet---------LinuxGateway---------[switch]
                                        /
                                       / Opt.Fib
                                      /
                                  [switch]
                                   /
                                  / Twisted Pair
                                 /
                                 | eth0
                            LinuxGateway (department) NAT+ipchains
                         eth1 |      | eth2
                              |      |
                    coax.cab. |      | coax.cab.
                              |      |
                              |      |
                              |      |
                my_box(linux) |

	From my_box, if I'm using netscape to download a file, the
download box will close as if the file was entirely retrieved. Apt-get
sometimes interprets as "Connection timed out" and sometimes as
"Connection reset by peer".

	Any help/hint/point to info source ?
	thanks,
[]s
Mario O.de Menezes            "Many are the plans in a man's heart, but
    IPEN-CNEN/SP                 is the Lord's purpose that prevails"
http://curiango.ipen.br/~mario                 Prov. 19.21