Re: user not authorized to run X, strange variant

On 12/12/2000 at 02:34 -0800, Erik Steffl wrote:
<snip>

>   however, /etc/X11/Xwrapper.config is:
>
> allowed_users=console
> nice_value=-10
>
> and indeed, user on console (non-root) can start X server, but xdm
> cannot (probably because it's daemon, not a user logged in on the
> console).

<snip>

I remember someone posting here in debian-user, after I made a post saying
to use the "allowed_users=console" line.

That post warned that, although the line would work on an environment where
the user would start X through startx, it would work with xdm or similar
programs. It would be necessary to use "allowed_users=anybody".

Regards, sena...

--
sena@decoy.ath.cx, http://decoy.ath.cx/~sena/
gpg fingerprint: F20B 12A8 A8F6 FD1F 9B1D BA62 C424 8E73 DD2E 47C8