Re: exim

I am inserting the needed info next to your statement, please indicate how the
exim conf file will look
THANKYOU

> There are several sides to mail delivery on a linux system:
>
> 1) mail transport (send mail from one computer to another)
>    a)  use exim for remote mail delivery using your isp's SMTP server
>        to do the real delivery for you
>        [here you need to know:
>             the name of your ips's SMTP server

smtp.worldnet.att.net

>             the email address you want on your outgoing mail

Do you mean my email address? If so, then
tony@the-sphere.org

>        ]
>    b)  use fetchmail to retrieve your mail from your ips's POP server
>        [here you need to know:
>             the name of your ips's POP server

postoffice.worldnet.att.net

>             your user name and passwd for your (pop) account at your isp

user: arodriguez
password: not-this-one

>             your user name at your local computer
>        ]

tony

> 2) mail delivery (put mail for each user in his own mailbox on the local host)
>    a)  use exim, or
>    b)  use procmail if you want to sort the mail or filter or..

Here I really don't care at this point. I suppose I will endup filtering with
procmail.

> 3) mail reading/writing/filing
>    a)  use netscape if you're used to it, but better
>    b)  switch to mutt (or any other mail client on linux)

I will use mutt