exim

Can someone provide a simple exim.conf sample file, where pop3,
smtphost, local user, remote user, password variables -over a dialup
connection to at&t server- are set?
The answers to eximconfig questions are not always clear, so I need some
help in this. I've been using debian for over 1.5 years, and thought it
was time to move to some real unix-like mail system, instaed of using
netscape. Why is it so difficult to set it up, in comparison to
netscape? The exim manual has over 300 pages, without index!!! I like
it, but I would prefere to have it up and running before I find time to
read the manual.
Thanks a lot.