Re: Major X problem: Xwrapper.config missing!

    Cajus> I had this problem some time ago. Make a symlink:
    Cajus> /etc/X11/X -> /usr/X11R6/bin/XFree86

    Cajus> Fill this in your Xwrapper.config: allowed_users=rootonly
    Cajus> ("console" or "anybody" depends on what you want)
    Cajus> nice_value=-10

    Cajus> -Cajus

Thank, Cajus!  I was really thrown by the non-existance of
Xwrapper.config. I wasn't certain that simply entering the parameters
you mention would do the trick.

I had seen mention of the missing link to XFree86 before, but of
course in my panic I forgot the details.

Two other things I had to do (I'm not sure in the best way):

chmod g+w /var/log/XFree86.0.log

chmod +s /usr/X11R6/bin/XFree86

The latter may be a security problem, but mine is single user
workstation on a dialup line. If there is a better way to allow suid
root (which the error transcript indicates is required), I'd be happy
to hear it.

Thanks again!

Dan

--