Re: About removing dselect's forced installs... Help

> This is how I do it. Go into 'dselect' and let it select the packages, but
> then quit out.
>
> dpkg -l \* | awk '/^i[^i]/ { print $2 " purge" }' | dpkg --set-selections
> dpkg --yet-to-unpack | awk '{ print $1 " purge" }' | dpkg --set-selections

I think you just gave me a shortcut for what I did by hand. I had
noticed that the one's in Status flagged by deselect said something like
install ok not-installed wheras those not were purge ok not-installed,
etc.  Anyway, I replaced the first install with purge and dselect came
up with nothing... But I'll keep your code for future reference :)

Thanks,

Jonathan

--

	    "Hey, I think I finally got the hang of i-"