About removing dselect's forced installs... Help

Hi,

I have some more info here. I've used apt-get to install my apps but now
that I want to use dselect, if I pick any item and go to intall it
presents me with a list of 100 items. Now looking at those items in
/var/lib/dpkg/status

I see that the problem files names have status:
install ok not-installed

Where standard files have:
purge ok not-installed

Now, when I ran dpkg --yet-to-unpack it came back with 58 packages
selected for installation but haven't been installed message. Which is
the same number in my dselect. So, the answer seems to be what command
can I use to turn the

install ok not-installed

purge ok not-installed

Like the rest? And how did this come about. Some are finderd, ed, talkd,
etc. When I first loaded Debian, I picked tasks and that was that. Since
then it's been apt-get.

Much thanks.

Jonathan

PS I figure I could always do a search and replace in the file, but that
doesn't strike me as neat, or potentially safe? But I do want to use
dselect again.

--

	    "Hey, I think I finally got the hang of i-"