Re: Backspace key

On Sat, Dec 09, 2000 at 10:36:37PM +0000, thus spake Glyn Millington:

> I've been upgrading things from Woody -  a foolhardy venture but everythng
> went well amd works beautifully apart from my backspace key which now
> deletes the next character just like the delete key.  I really want it to
> delete backwards - this is almost as bad as those first heady days when I
> discovered Emacs!
>
> Can't find the way on this - can anyone point me in the right direction ?

What an idiot, found the answer to my own question 3 seconds after posting -
so in case anyone else is wondering....

 xmodmap -e "keycode 22 = BackSpace"

 All together now - "RTFM - TWICE!"

 with apologies

 Glyn M

--
                            So here we are then.....
                 http://members.tripod.co.uk/Christchurch2000uk
                   ==== Running Debian Gnu Linux 2.2 :-) ====
          10:58pm  up  2:27,  3 users,  load average: 2.09, 2.20, 2.09