Re: compiling gaim

Glyn Millington <glyn@mill29.fsnet.co.uk> writes:

> I'm trying to compile gaim-gnome on potato.  Each time the process goes
> along quite nicely until
[...]
> checking for gnomeConf.sh file in /usr/lib... not found
> configure: error: Could not find the gnomeConf.sh file that is generated by
> gnome-libs install
[...]
> I've done this twice and installed more libraries each time, but still no
> joy.

Have you installed the needed *-dev packages? I guess, gnome-libs-dev
is missing...or/and others too.
To compile software, you need the -dev packages, too.

	moritz
--
Moritz Schulte <moritz@chaosdorf.de> http://hp9001.fh-bielefeld.de/~moritz/
Debian/GNU supporter - http://www.debian.org/ http://www.gnu.org