Re: Autofs

On Vie 08 Dic 2000 19:56, Colin Watson wrote:
> dadecal@s2-selling.com wrote:
> >I just installed autofs but I can't make it work.
> >My kernel (2.2.17) is compild with automount support adn nfs support.
> >Auto.master and auto.misc seem to be ok but when I enter /var/autofs/misc
> >there are no mount-points in it
> >What could be wrong?
>
> Check the output of 'mount' and make sure that /var/autofs/misc is
> there. Also, have you tried just cd-ing to /var/autofs/misc/data_win?
> Automounted filesystems tend not to show up in a listing of the primary
> automount point until they're actually mounted; if they did show up,
> you'd have problems when, say, you listed a directory containing network
> automount points when you weren't connected to the network.

mount:

dadecal@tramontana:~$ mount
/dev/hdb1 on / type ext2 (rw,errors=remount-ro,errors=remount-ro)
proc on /proc type proc (rw)
automount(pid247) on /var/autofs/misc type autofs
(rw,fd=5,pgrp=247,minproto=2,maxproto=3)

ps ax:

  247 ?        S      0:00 /usr/sbin/automount /var/autofs/misc file
/etc/auto.misc

auto.master:
/var/autofs/misc        /etc/auto.misc

auto.misc:
data_win        -fstype=vfat,sync,nodev,nosuid          :/dev/hda2

Kernel 2.217 compiled with automount and NFS support.

Any clue?

--
Daniel de los Reyes