Re: Autofs

dadecal@s2-selling.com wrote:
>I just installed autofs but I can't make it work.
>My kernel (2.2.17) is compild with automount support adn nfs support.
>Auto.master and auto.misc seem to be ok but when I enter /var/autofs/misc
>there are no mount-points in it
>What could be wrong?

Check the output of 'mount' and make sure that /var/autofs/misc is
there. Also, have you tried just cd-ing to /var/autofs/misc/data_win?
Automounted filesystems tend not to show up in a listing of the primary
automount point until they're actually mounted; if they did show up,
you'd have problems when, say, you listed a directory containing network
automount points when you weren't connected to the network.