Re: Opera web browser

Alson van der Meulen wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 06, 2000 at 10:22:29AM -0600, Rob VanFleet wrote:
> >
> > Is there any way to apt-get Opera, or must one just download the deb
> > from opera.com and use dpkg to install it?
>
> opera possibly doesn't allow redistribution of their software,
> including debs. so i guess it's not apt-get'able, even not in
> non-free. Unless opera has setup an apt archive themselve. Just
> downloading the deb and installing it with dpkg should work ok.

You can get the .deb from http://www.linuxberg.com.
For example :
http://uunetnl.linux.tucows.com/x11html/adnload/49916_47779.html ->
http://uunetnl.linux.tucows.com/files/opera-static_4.0-0beta3_i386.deb

But see the URL first because there are 2 versions (and why does
Netscape load the .deb instead of downloading it automaticly ?)

J. Reilink (Digital Overdrive)

--
 .~.   http://www.dsinet.org/hackfaq | http://www.dsinet.org
 /V\   digiover@dsinet.org