Re: Xircom PCMCIA Etherent/Modem Card

At 05:13 06-12-2000 +1030, Paul Scull wrote:

I've found that the card work well.. provided you put it into
promiscious mode.

ifconfig eth0 promisc

(The Kernel developers know about this one.)

It uses the tulip_cb module in the 2.2.0 kernel...
or xircom_tulip_cb in the 2.4.0 kernel.

I am using it with 2.4.0-test11 and it works fine (on a Toshiba Satelite Pro 460XCDT).
There is, although, a small detail... ;)
I am using the kernel driver (not the pcmcia-cs one) and:
the modem gets configured correctly.
the ethernet card does not. In syslog there is a complaint when cardmgr
executes /etc/pcmcia/network:
./network start tulip_cb: No such device (of course... it should be eth0).
If I manually change the file /var/lib/pcmcia/stab and replace tulip_cb with eth0 and
manually execute ./network start, it works...

How does your network parameters get configured? Are u using hotplug support?

Cheers,

RP