Re: Xircom PCMCIA Etherent/Modem Card

Yes. I have one. Driver support is not reliable in potato. If you fiddle with bringing up and down interfaces and restarting pcmcia, you can occasionally get it to work. The documentation says that support for this card is experimental. From what I hear, the card will be much better supported in the next major release of the pcmcia drivers.

Cheers,
Tim

Wilson H Yau wrote:

Hi, all!

Is there anyone have the experience of using:

Xircom
RealPort
CardBus Ethernet 10/100+Modem 56
RBEM56G-100

under Debian Linux Potato 2.2?  Does it give any problems to notebooks
like Dell or Sony?

Could anyone please recommend to me any links got the latest information
on PC/Laptop hardware compatibility with Debain Linux?

Thanks in advance.

--
Timothy H. Keitt
Department of Ecology and Evolution