tar help

Hallo!

Could anyone help me? I tried to restore specific files from the second
archive on my DAT-Tape (i think they are in the second archive but I'm not
sure) into an specific path. The following procedure doesn't work:
1) moving into the directory where the files should be restored
2) forward the band to the second archive (mt -f /dev/nst0 fsf)
3) tar -xvf /dev/nst0 path/of/the/files/*

Tape-led and hdd-led are flickering but I can't find any restored files on
my harddisk.
Does anybody knows the correct commands?

Thank's .......Thomas

 --

Bitte E-Mail an: Thomas Wegner <thomas_wegner@gmx.net>