Adaptec 2940U2W

    I have a selection to make and, unfortunately, I have to make it fairly
quickly.  There are two different Adaptec 2940U2Ws that I can get.  One of
them is standard whereas the other one is OEM and has a 50 pin external
connector compared to the normal 68pin.  I would really like to connect it
to some 50pin external device, but I'm not sure wether the card with the
50pin would work under linux?  Could I just use a 68pin to 50pin adapter for
the external devices?

    Brandt Dusthimer