Re: Postgres Port Problem (and other port issues)

I've finally managed to connect.  It looks like psql is acting odd
(then again, maybe this is the default behavior... I am normally a
MySQL/Oracle user).  Basically, psql requires that I explicitly supply
a hostname.  So, even though psql complains about being refused on port
5432 on localhost, I can connect as the user postgres by using 'psql -h
localhost.'

I don't imagine that this is the default behavior since the regression
test fails because of the 'connection refused' error.

Any ideas on why this might be happening?

-Chris