[OT] gnus automatic-expiry

David Z Maze <dmaze@mit.edu> writes:

> Gnus has a couple of nice features.  One is automatic expiry: for
> selected groups (including all of the high-traffic Debian lists I'm
> on), mail sits around for about a week, then automatically gets
> deleted.

Will this work in conjunction with immediate-expiry-on-reading?
For example, in my ~/.gnus I have:

(setq gnus-total-expirable-newsgroups "imap.+Mail.+debian-user")

(setq nnmail-expiry-wait-function
      (lambda (group)
	(cond ((string-match "debian-user" group)
	       'immediate)
	      (t
	       31))))

This expires all  the articles when I leave the  summary buffer with c
y.  I  would also  like  all  articles older  than,  say,  4 days,  to
disappear   regardless  of   whether  I've   read  them.   I've  added
(expiry-wait . ) to my group parameters:

;;; Editing the group parameters for `nnimap+imap.cs.ubc.ca:Mail/debian-user'.
;; Type `C-c C-c' after you've finished editing.

((uidvalidity . "968964967")
 (expiry-wait . 4)
 nil)

but I haven't seen if it works yet.