recommend a secure shell client for Windows

A friend of mine wants me to set up an account for him on our server, and
since I do not allow telnet logins he needs a Windows SSH client. I checked
around and there are quite a number of them out there, can anybody
recommend which is the best? I do not have a Windows machine to test them
out on, but I figured this must be a pretty common problem so somebody must
have a good idea of which one is the best. Once he has attained
proficiency on the command line I want him to be able to use X, so it would
be nice if it is a client that supports port forwarding (of course at that
point I will have to find a Windows X server for him, but that is a problem
I'll deal with when it comes up, maybe by then he'll be willing to put
Linux on one of his machines.)

--
Harry Henry Gebel, ICQ# 76308382
West Dover Hundred, Delaware