Re: Help: Intel Pentium with F0 0F bug - workaround enabled

On Thu, 30 Nov 2000, a wrote:

> I have Debian 2.0 and Intel Pentium 100 and notice the following message
> when booting Debian:
>
> Intel Pentium with F0 0F bug - workaround enabled
>
> Does it means that I have a buggy chip? How to verify that and find more
> info?
	Intel did make a few buggy Pentium chips. Linux is letting you
know it's noticed it and patched itself to cope.
	Truthfully, you might have never found this bug in normal use
without the workaround enabled, and you certainly won't get bit with it
now.

--
Ed Craig	 epcraig@efn.org
Taxi (I need an income)			GNU/Linux (I can afford a Free OS)