Re: Using Netscape 6.0 and 4.74 together

Well, I got it to work by running it as root in an eterm.  I had never
run Netscape 6.0 as root, so its .netscape directory was never 'corrupted'.

This brings up another question:  Has the XFree86 architecture changed
from 3.3.6-4.0.1 which allows a non-owner of a terminal to open up an x
window?  I have never been able to run x programs as any other user
except the person logged into X until now (4.0.1).  ???

Kelly

Erik Steffl wrote:

> Kelly Corbin wrote:
>
>> I have seen several people state that they have been able to make
>> mozilla and netscape work on the same machine, but I was wondering if
>

>   as long as you install both they both work, there's nothing special
> about it.
>

>> anyone has been able to get both versions of netscape (not mozilla) to
>> work.
>>
>> The problem seems to me, that they both want to access .netscape, but
>> they have different formats for that directory.  Is there a way to make
>> the old netscape use a different directory?
>

>   I don't know but you can always create different user and use it that
> way...
>
>   if there's no way to make them use different directories you could
> probably trick them using chroot... that way you could force them to use
> ..netscape in different directories...
>
> 	erik
>

>> I installed these from the .tar.gz's, not the .deb's
>>
>> I need this to be able to hit ssl sites under linux.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Kelly
>>
>> --