Re: Why not dselect?

  IMO it has one of the worst UI I've ever seen. it confused the hell
out of me when I was installing debian for the first time. that's from
the vi enthusiast:-)

  I've been using aptitude lately. I also like the X programs (there are
some gnome and kde ones) for browsing the installed packages,
unfortunately they seem to be quite unstable (crashes, some parts are
obviously not finished etc.).

  generally, I find packages using debian.org (or get name elsewhere,
like this mailing list) and install them using apt-get install
packagename.

  to update system (few times a day:-)

 apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade

  that's about it. I mostly use gui programs to browse packages I have
on my system, not to change the system.

	erik