Trouble compiling kernel with latest Woody

Since dist-upgrading to the most recent Woody packages, I have been
unable to compile a kernel.  Both the 2.2.17 kernels and 2.4.0test10
kernels abort with the same error.

I can't think of anything else that could be the problem, outside of the
recent dist-upgrade, because I have already compiled both of these
kernels repeatedly with no trouble.  I was just reconfiguring the 2.2.17
kernel a bit to add in the kernel's sound drivers (as opposed to the
alsa drivers I've been using with 2.2).

Here is the error:

gcc -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -o
scripts/split-include scripts/split-include.c
In file included from /usr/include/bits/errno.h:25,
                 from /usr/include/errno.h:36,
                 from scripts/split-include.c:26:
/usr/include/linux/errno.h:4: asm/errno.h: No such file or directory
make: *** [scripts/split-include] Error 1

Does anyone know what the problem is?

--
Tom
"Begin by believing with all your heart that your belief is true, so