Re: Sound Card

Pollywog <croak@shadypond.com> writes:

> On 23 Nov 2000 09:19:54 -0600, Timmy Douglas said:
>
> >  > And how do I configure my soundcard?
> >
> >  you need to compile a kernel with sound support and with the card you
> >  have.  or you could get alsa modules, but that might be too much
> >  work...
>
> Too much work, that is why I bought the commercial OSS Linux drivers.
> I tried the kernel module route and the ALSA drivers but had no success.
>
> I will have to buy the drivers again soon, since I believe my 3 years of
> free upgrades has almost expired.

i think the work is a better choice than $20, i was literally about
to go to buy it and then alsa started to work for me.. but
now there is a kernel module so it is really easy everytime i recompile
the kernel.

if you know what you are doing, it isn't that hard, if you have debian,
i wrote this a while ago:

http://members.home.com/tdouglas/alsa.html